Sunday, July 20, 2008

Soon, soon, very soon

You must excuse my lengthy absence. I've just been... busy. That busyness included helping two other people to pick 109 pounds of blueberries on Monday. It was a crazy and insane scheme that took us 6 long hours of picking. I was tiredt. And then some. Yesterday was a co-op delivery and a ton of running around and visiting and such (and included the repair of my laptop! Yay!).

And I just braved the mosquitoes and picked more beans, cukes, peppers and zucchinis which I now need to do something about. And I don't know why, but every single summer, I pick a boat-load of zucchini and think, "okay, time to make some zucchini bread!" and invariably, I don't have any crushed pineapple as called for in my favorite zucchini bread recipe. Why don't I learn to think ahead a little?

Anyway, I thought I would give you a quick update on the kitchen progress:




As I write this, Nathan is mortaring the joints in the cement board for the countertop:



Also, these days, everything Jonah does has something to do with some form of heavy machinery. Here he is behind a lazy susan pretending to be a train. Usually it's more bizarre-- "Look Mom! I'm jumping like a manure spreader!" No, I don't get it either.




So it's moving along! It looks as though I might be making my zucchini bread in my new kitchen in the very near future!

1 comment:

  1. These pictures of Jonah remind me that to solve the corner cupboard dilemma, you could have put door/s under the lunch counter on the back side to store things in that back corner. At least for that particular cabinet.

    Also you can shred and freeze zucchini for future zucchini breads. Though I froze it but never got to the bread part...

    ReplyDelete