Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bedtime Prayers

We fold our hands and close our eyes--

"I thank thee my Heavenly Father, through..."

"ummm... thank you for going swimming today!"

"Through Jesus Christ, Thy dear Son, that..."

"And... thank You for the boat..."

"that Thou hast..."

"Thank You for books!"

"that Thou has graciously kept me this day. And I pray thee..."

"Thank You for the rain... and..."

"And I pray Thee that Thou wouldest forgive me all of my sins where I have done wrong..."

"And... um... thank You for dump trucks!"

"Okay, lets say the rest of the prayer now. And graciously keep me this night. For into..."

"Thank You for ducks!"

"For into Thy hands I commend myself, my body and..."

"Thank you for milk!"

"...my body and soul, and all things. Let Thy..."

"Thank you for Zacharia and the big yellow angel!"

"Let thy Holy Angel be with me that the wicked foe may have no power over me."

"And thank You for the tire swing..."

"A-MEN! Now good night!"

"And thank You for Jesus died on the cross..."

No comments:

Post a Comment