Monday, October 26, 2009

What's in a Name?

I read Jonah his Bible story before bed tonight. We use the My Good Shepard Bible Storybook-- the same book that Dad used to read stories to my siblings and me when we were little. It has great illustrations and wonderfully written stories. Lately, Jonah has taken to requesting specific stories, and rather than let him leaf through the entire book to find it, he tells us about it and we can usually find it quickly.

Tonight he said he wanted to read "The one where Mary laughed by a tree."

???

So I looked at every story with Mary in it... he didn't agree to any. I had to ask for clarification. "What else happened in that story?"

"They wanted to have a baby!"

Ooooohhh. Sarah laughed in her tent when told she would have a baby in her old age.

Yes. Now we're on to something. Sure enough, that was the one he was thinking of.

1 comment: