Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Motherly Essentials

Last winter sometime, I made Jonah some little paper people. There were some kids, and when he informed me that they needed a Mom, I made a Mom, too. Today, he found the kids (he needed them to sail the boat he constructed from paper, tape and straws), but he couldn't find the Mom. He begged. I caved. I made another Mom.

He was pretty tickled, but he saw some things lacking. He took a pencil and said, "She needs hair... and a belly button... and nurser things for the babies." And he drew them all on.

I guess that's what every Mom needs: hair, bellybutton, and "nurser things".

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love that he called them that. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All children his age include belly buttons on their people drawings. (I have stacks of them) I'm sure there is some explanation from that in the child psychology books, but I don't know what it is. It makes the drawn people living humans? Four year olds are navel gazers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rosie_Kate!
    I found your blog and I read some.

    Since you are a Christian I think that the website www.netzarim.co.il will be of interest to you. It contains logical and scientific research about Ribi Yehoshua (the Messiah) from Nazareth and what he taught.

    Have a very nice day!
    Anders

    ReplyDelete