Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Flying Lessons

I recently installed Skype, voice-over-internet, on my computer. It's been fun to chat and have conference calls with my brothers and parents. (Although... a certain sister of which I only have one (you know who you are) needs to call me when she's on the 'puter... e-hem.) My youngest brothers, Samuel (8) and Peter (6), quickly figured that out, and now the buzz me about 18 times a day to chat. Actually, they don't really want to talk to me, they want to talk to Jonah. So Jonah comes over, and they all laugh and giggle and talk about nonsense.

After their last episode a little while ago, Sam and Pete had to go, so they hung up, and Jonah came over to me, very sad.

Jonah: "Mommy, they had to go. But I wanna talk to my fweeennnds."

Me: Continues reading by the fire.

J: "Mom? Mom, can you go buy my an airplane so we can fly and pick up my fwends and bwing them to our house?"

M: "Airplanes cost a lot of money. We don't have a lot of money."

J: "Yes you do! In your wallet! I saw it!"

M: "A handful of change won't buy us an airplane. Besides, you'd have to have a pilot."

J: "I could be the pilot!"

M: "You're kinda short to fly a plane..."

J: "But I could! I can drive! And I'm big! I can fly the plane! And I'll bwing my fwends here!"

M: Continues reading by the fire.

Pause

J: "Mom? Mom, can you throw me up in the air so I can fly like a bird? I'll fly, fly, fly away and pick up my fwends and bwing them here..."

2 comments:

  1. Awwwhhh, it's a nice thought anyway....Cute ickle thing.

    AND. Only sister dear thing, ahem, don't go poking at me when you could very easily call ME instead. Sorry if I don't know when to bother you, GOSH. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the grin. Give him a big hug from me.

    ReplyDelete