Saturday, January 3, 2009

Child Labor Loophole

When I was a kid, I always suspected that my parents looked around them and said, "Whew, we need someone to feed the animals and wash the dishes and weed the garden and break every valuable thing we own."

So they had a passel of kids.

And put us to work.

Well now, being all growed up and all, I'm here to say that I fully intend to do the same thing.




"C'mom! Work faster! Do you want to eat today?"







Oh, it's okay. Sometimes we play with him, too.



But only after he's finished polishing my silver and dusting the window trim.

3 comments:

  1. I always loved the line in "It's a Wonderful Life" when George, momentarily stressed out of his mind, says "What'd we have all these kids for anyway?"

    They had four.

    Katie, I love your beach chairs and snowflakes header. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought it was a little different-

    Mom and Dad, circa '87 or so:

    "We had these kids... but since we're so mean and don't like them, let's make them work all the time. That sounds cool."

    I mean, maybe... or maybe it's your way.

    Kidding, mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete