Thursday, May 1, 2008

High!

Er, Hai! Wait a minute... uh... Hi! There we go. That looks better. Them primer fumes is goin' to my head.

Happy May Day to you! (I know, I know... the masthead... don't remind me)

As I was priming the kitchen walls today, I was thinking of a certain brother of mine who is professional painter and how I wish he would come and paint for me. But no, he's off in Switzerland, starting a high-falutin' new job as a... well... I'm not sure what he calls himself. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with painting. He's going to be traveling around to third-world countries inspecting humanitarian building efforts and reporting back to the foundation in Switzerland (or something like that. I think that's how it goes.) So, what is that called? Charitable Attitude Adjuster? Mr. Inspectorsir? Executive tryingtoholddownlocalfoodandsleepinginacot Deputy? Homesick?

So, since it's the first of May, that means Jonah is going to have a birthday very soon. I'm trying to remember waiting for him to be born three years ago and it seems like soooooo long ago, but just yesterday all at the same time. Motherhood is a strange animal.

So I'm trying to decide what to get him for his birthday. So far, we've only gotten him one present from us for birthdays and Christmases-- largely due to budget constraints and also because he's little and doesn't notice whether we get him one dinky present or one really cool present or three so-so presents. And we generally don't get him toys. Okay, wait, I take back that last part. For Christmas we got him a used set of Brio Trains and he LOVES them. So I guess we might be willing to get him a very imaginative and not-annoying toy.

Here's what we're gonna do... VOTE! Give me your opinion (then make sure to comment and tell me what your vote was or especially if you have any better ideas):


1 comment:

  1. I was so torn between the life size John Deer manure spreader (wait, isn't that an International Harvester?) and the bobble head... I went with the bobble dead because he's scared of life sized tractors.

    Btw, I want some pictures!! I need a new profile picture and I know you got some good ones....like where is the one with me an Roman? I want that one!!

    ReplyDelete