Friday, May 30, 2008

What To Post?

Okay, so I know I promised a picture... But really, folks. I got nothin'. I've just been plodding away at the usual stuff. Mostly planting the garden. It's a lot of time-consuming work to plant a garden with enough food and flavor to feed us for a year when I have to do it all myself (and we're only three people! Aiee! What will I do when (and if) we're ever more?). Nathan helps with heavy stuff like tilling and digging, but the rest is mostly up to me. And it's a lot of work. And to add to the planting, weeding and mulching, I have to go around with the hose (a little at a time because our well is wimpy) because we can't seem to get even so much as a passing shower in these parts. Rain has been predicted all day today, but it just keeps blowing and clouding up and blowing over. The rain goes north, the rain goes south, but it doesn't hit us.

So that's where I'm at. Planting and praying for rain.

Anyway. What to post? That's what I've been trying to figure out all day. But I promised, so let's see...

I could do like my brother and post a picture of my beer:


Hm. Not quite the same effect. (But it went down reeeeal smooooth)

How about the lovely spirea on my table?



I could show you Jonah horsing around in the yard before supper:



Or this picture:

I have no idea what's going on in that picture.

Hmmm...

I could tell you how Jonah kept asking for "More asparagus, please." all through supper. Most parents complain about three-year olds who won't eat their vegetables, and I complain about a kid who won't eat anything but (actually, he ate all his sloppy joe, too. He's a great eater most of the time).

I could tell you about how I almost whacked our mean rooster into kingdom-come today when he went after Jonah. He flopped around and then looked quite stunned for a few minutes and I was almost overcome with remorse, but then he got up and crowed in an effort to regain some shreds of dignity. He's been avoiding me all day.

I could tell you that Jonah actually took a nap today! Novelty! And then I sat down to read (because Nathan was also napping, having worked since very early this morning, so I couldn't do anything noisy) and I fell asleep for about 20 minutes. Man, that was nice.

But I won't tell you about those things, 'cause I got nothin'.

3 comments:

  1. Guiness- I had no idea. Good taste you have. The Black stuff is also high in iron, healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a full meal, all in itself! (Well, maybe with some heavily buttered sourdough for fat content. Beer is notable low in that department.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... that's what I'm screamin... who needs food when you have obsidian beer?

    ReplyDelete