Friday, November 7, 2008

Regurgitation

All day, Jonah has been asking me where the "smoker ticker" is.

"Huh?? What is a 'smoker ticker'?"

"It's in there." he points toward the office.

"But what is it?"

"A smoker ticker!" he says "What is it?"

"Yeah, what is a 'smoker ticker'?"

"No... where? The smoker ticker! What is it for? It's in there! Where is it?"

And then we go through the whole "Who's on first?" routine because he doesn't seem to quite understand question words and I have no idea what he's really asking me. I then give up in complete exhaustion.

I figured it must be pretty important, because he kept asking all day, so I asked Nathan. "Do you know what a 'smoker ticker' is?"

"Huh??"

So relayed the conversation. He laughed and said he had no idea. But after a minute, it dawned on him-- during the night when Jonah was up going potty, he saw a little blink of a read light. "What's that Scary Thing, Daddy?" And Daddy told him--






Surely you've figured it out? I'm sure you're faster than me on these things...





"It's the smoke detector, Jonah."

1 comment:

  1. I get a chuckle every day in this place! What a kid.

    ReplyDelete