Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sigh. Winter is coming. Sigh again.

I enjoy watching my working men splitting wood to burn this winter.



Trouble is, it means that winter will actually be here.

I don't think I can handle that.

I hate winter. I think I may have mentioned that before.

This is a problem because I live in Michigan. I might have mentioned that, too.



Also, I have a bigger problem this year.

I can't find any slippers.

Every winter, I burn through two pairs of slippers. I wear them non-stop. My floors are very cold. Last year, I had the thought that I should buy 28 pairs. I wish I had. Cuz I love me my slipper in the winter (and a good portion of "spring" and "fall").

And not just any slippers, they must be special slippers. They absolutely must have a flexible rubber sole. I can't stand stiff, plasticky soles, but anything cloth-like will wear through in no time at all. Also, they must be fairly dark-colored. Definitely not pink or... pink. Or fluffy. And they must be slip-on, clog style, with no backs.

This year, all I can find is froo-froo, fluffy, freaky things that I would end up throwing in the woodstove after a day if I even tried to wear them. They're just awful. Oh, and there are these weird fleece-lined croc things that I'm not even going to think about because it makes me throw up a little in my mouth when I do.

For the last two winters I've gotten slippers that meet my criteria and were cheap, too. I loved them. And now, I can't find any for sale.

And that simply won't do.


So, Hawaii it is.

I wish.

2 comments:

  1. Parenting 101-

    Allow 3 year old to operate hydraulic log splitter.


    And points to you for the "threw up in my mouth a little" line. THat might be my favorite "Dodgeball" quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is quite safe, I assure you.

    Really.

    ReplyDelete