Monday, September 13, 2010

It's All Relative

[For a point of reference in this story, Jonah calls Nathan's parents "Oma" and "Opa". Knowing that, you may now proceed.]


Jonah asked me, "Why do Oma and Opa do this?" and he touched the tip of his finger to his tongue.

I said, "Waaahhh...??!?" so he showed me. He picked up a book and when he turned the page, he licked his finger first. "Oh!" I said "That's to make their fingers a little sticky before they turn the page.

"We should start doing that!" he said.

"Oh, I dunno... I don't usually need to, so I don't think of it." I said.

"Oh. So, maybe when we're older?" he asked.

"Um, are you saying that only 'old people' do that?"

Jonah laughed, "Opa's not old!" he said.

"Oh, I see. That's good." I replied.

"Only Oma."




Sorry, Oma...

(But I'm pretty sure she must be the youngest "old" person I've ever met!)

No comments:

Post a Comment