Sunday, March 7, 2010

Observation

Prior to this past week, Jonah's daily chore of putting away the clean silverware was just pure agony. Every time he was asked to do it, he would simply melt into a weepy little puddle on the floor. I would roll my eyes (oh, he couldn't see-- his face was on the floor), smile sweetly, tell him in my head to suck it up, and say as cheerfully as possible, "Hurry up! Let's get our chores done and then it'll be school time!"

Then Nathan installed the dishwasher. My $25 craigslist dishwasher that I am completely thrilled about, as I've been waiting for a dishwasher for quite some time.

All of a sudden, Jonah comes running to put away silverware! Technically, we're still putting away dishes together, just like always, but something is different! And new! Exciting!

In fact, he's currently been in there polishing every piece with a dishcloth.

Yeah.

We'll see how long this lasts.

1 comment:

  1. He's a guy. He needs machines to do even the most basic stuff. Makes it more interesting. But, true, it may not last more than a few days.

    Nice header. Seems a departure from the others that have been on your blog until now. I definitely like the old children's book animation style.

    ReplyDelete