Thursday, March 11, 2010

Making Faces

Jonah left this morning on an outing with his Daddy. They have work to do, you see.

So that left me with... da-duh-da-DUH-- the house to myself.

Oh, what to do, what to do?

A book and a pot of tea was the most temping option, but not nearly the most productive.

I decided that I should make some headway in Jonah's baby book. Yes, his baby book. Yes, he is almost 5 years old. I've long ago made peace with the fact that I am just not a scrapbooker. I'm just not. And I'm okay with it. Mostly.

There are still some important things that should be scrapbooked, like wedding albums and baby books. I keep it to a pretty bare minimum-- I do indulge in some of that fantastic paper that the craft stores carry, and I use it sparingly (i.e. cutting it and getting at least two uses out of a sheet instead of using a sheet for every page). I also use those nifty little photo stickers for attaching photos, and I have a few decent writing pens (not that it improves my handwriting... I'm a typist at heart.). But I draw the line at all those little stickers and doodads and dealybobs that you can buy. I also buy the albums (both of them that I have so far purchased) on sale only.

I'm just too frugal for scrapbooking.

It took me almost until our second anniversary to get a wedding book made. Then I started Jonah's babybook soon after he was born, but up until today, had only made it through the first two months of his life.

Pathetic, I know.

Anyway, I set to work on it today. I'm going to try to keep at it and be caught up within the next two months. It would be really nice to be able to take out his baby book on his fifth birthday for everyone to see.

It was really fun to look through pictures from when Jonah was a baby. It's so surreal-- it seems like yesterday, and yet, so long ago. Five years isn't really that long, but it's gone so fast in some ways, but is so distant in others.

In the process, I found some rather hilarious pictures that I had forgotten.













I laughed until I cried when I saw these! He was such a funny baby! He would make this face a lot, and he knew it was funny! He did it to be silly and we would laugh at him and then he would laugh and do it again.

He did it at other times, too:


Whoa! Psycho baby!


And here I found this photo of him at the ripe old age of two months, fixing dear old Dad with the stinkeye:



He tried to be tough and cool, but he really was a awfully cute baby...

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Laughing too!

    Um, Nathan. Fatherhood has changed him a bit.

    When you are done with Jonah's book, would you start one for Peter? He doesn't have one either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but Peter is number 7, so it's no surprise. Jonah is a firstborn and by rights and repute, should have a baby book by now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah love it! baby books take second fiddle to cooking, canning, home schooling, gardening, organizing, laundry, more cooking and from scratch, artisan bread baking, maple syrup boiling, goat tending....do you get it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH! I need to catch up on my scrapbooking too... but when? (without 5 small and medium hands begging for their share of the materials)

    ReplyDelete