Saturday, December 5, 2009

Inspiration

Last year for Christmas, my Mom gave me these cute little plates:



I really like them, but I haven't really done anything with them. I just didn't know how to display them. Wire plate-hangers don't seem to come that small. So I've had them floating around-- most recently the green and yellow ones were in the china hutch and the red one was on the stove as a pretty spoon-rest (except I don't seem to be very good about using spoon rests. Don't want them to get messy, you know...).

But just last week, a good friend gave me this:



Squeee! Perfect.




So I hung it beside my new pantry door with a monkey hook (whoever invented those should be a millionaire!) and put my cute little plates on it. Love it! (Sorry for the poor colors in the photo... my camera just doesn't get it. You'll have to use your imagination a little.)

On the other side of the door, I have these vintage fruit packing labels:




I like the way the colors echo each other across the door. (The only think I don't like about this arrangement is the evenness of it-- it bothers me. Four plates, two labels. I'd love to find another label to make it three on that side... Although, the plates all hang together as one entity, so all together, there's an arrangement of three, I guess...)



Now to get some red paint on that door...

2 comments:

  1. Cute!

    Some door trim would be nice to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great! I like your unpainted door. Red will be quite cheery.

    ReplyDelete