Monday, June 8, 2009

Manly

Boys really just wanna be men.



They consider things like homemade potato cannons to be manly.



Don't ask me why.

It's beyond me.




Jonah's Uncle Neal, an expert in all things testosterone, knows all about manly. He took our younger brothers, Samuel and Peter, and Jonah out for some good old "male bonding."



Jonah knew how to be prepared:



I guess they liked it.









But even that wasn't enough of a rush. They had to break out some more artillery.




Jonah constantly talks about shooting guns, so these BB guns were right up his alley.





Sometimes having a boy makes my heart a little faint... but at least he has a Daddy and Uncles and Grandpas willing to instruct him in his natural manly instincts.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I laughed so hard. This is so my husband. Thanks for a glimpse of what our life would be like if we had boys. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep it's a guy thing, so um while they are all out playing like boys play could you show us how you make those beautiful loaves of sourdough bread? You know a sour dough for dummies theme, step by step. whaddaya think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. You and mom have succeeded in making me homesick the past week or so.

    Jonah: [fist in the air] YES!
    Made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen Deborah-- I've thought about it. I just feel like it's been taught better elsewhere. Maybe I'll do a tutorial on here sometime soon...

    ReplyDelete