Friday, August 7, 2009

Just Like Moby Dick

These things are a freaks of nature.



White pickles.

Weird.

I was thinking I wouldn't be making many pickles this year. Silly me. Somehow, everyone in my whole neighborhood knows that my cucumber plants did aren't doing well and I've been flooded with various Amish cucumbers. The most frustrating were the ones that turned out to be slicers instead of picklers. I could tell because they looked a little... wrinkly... in the jars.

But these!

These are fascinating!



They're... albino! Like the weird dude in the Pit of Despair.

Except they're yummy! And they have nothing to do with torture.

I hope.

Oh, I know! I could make up a song about them! "Pickleweiss, pickleweiss... you look happy to seeee meeee..."

Er. Nevermind.

And won't they be great to eat in the cold winter? When... everything is... white. And we're... uh... sick to death of... uh... white.

Maybe not.

But! Dill pickles are a quintessential American food! And these particular pickles are pure. At a times such as this, when our country is far from purity, our entire governing body could all use this reminder.

In the form of pickles.




Um. Now back to your regularly scheduled broadcasting.

1 comment:

  1. Those are super freakish pickles. I have never seen such a thing. I'm glad they taste good atleast. :)

    ReplyDelete