Saturday, August 30, 2008

Random 3YO, part III

(After breakfast, in Daddy's lap)

"What's that noise in you tummy??"

"Um... That's the sound of contentment."

"I has a con-ten-mint, too!"

~~~

(Getting into the bathtub)

"Put your dirty clothes into the hamper."

Looks at the hamper- "In the wocket ship?"

Blink, blink.

"I put them in the wocket ship, Mom? Mommy?"

"Uh... sure... that would be fine."

Throws clothes into the hamper.

~~~

"I do it!"

~~~

"I DO IT MYSELF!!"

~~~

(Right after saying grace before eating)

"Not Ay-men... Aahh-men! Now I pray!"

"Okay, go ahead."

Touches forehead to folded hands, squeezes eyes shut. Pause.

"God..."

Long pause.

"...thank you for this food..."

Longer pause.

"...and for a present for me... ...Amen."

~~~

"IIIIII do IT!"

~~~

(Making a lot of noise in bed before falling asleep.)

"What are you doing?"

"The green dinosaur!"

"What green dinosaur?"

"I kick him! I kick a green dinosaur!"

~~~

"How old are you?"

"Umm... I SIX!"

"No... I think you're three!"

"Nooo... I six, so I can go to school!"

~~~

"I. Can. Do it. MYSELF!"

~~~

"I fly a airplane!"

"You did?"

"Yeah! A blue airplane! An' it go up, up, uuuup into a sky!"

"Wow! That's pretty neat!"

"Yeah, and the black smoke go up, up, up!"

"Black smoke? Did you crash?"

"YEAH!"

~~~

"I'm a girl!"

"No... God made you a boy."

"No! I wanna be a girl!"

"Well, then, you can't be a working man. Only boys grow up to be working men."

Pause.

"I wanna be a worker man!"

"Then it's a good thing you're a boy!"

Pause.

"I'm a girl!"

~~~

"I do it myself!"

~~~

"I'm hungry, Mommy!"

"Okay, I'm making lunch."

"BUT I'M HUUUUNNGRRRY!!"

~~~

"I can do it myself!"

No comments:

Post a Comment