Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Well...

("Deep subject for someone with such a shallow mind." I know.)


I get into this sometimes.

This not-posting-on-my-blog-because-I-don't-know-what-to-write-or-where-to-start.

I think I've done these kind of cop-out non-posts before, haven't I?

Yeah, I think I have.

Well, I'm doing it again. Because really... how interesting is the batch of granola that I just made, or the apples I dried, or the pickles I pickled or the fruit-fly trap on my countertop?

Not very. Life is just ticking along... "Whizzing" is more like it. Sunrise, sunset. That's how I feel these days. Every time I turn around, it's milking time again. Every time I turn around, there's a little boy with a story book needing to be read. There are many things calling out to me in the garden. Things that need attention. Food that needs making.

I feel like I get swallowed up in these things. I don't know if I pay enough attention to the joys and kisses and hugs and jokes and good conversation. In the back of my mind, I have some topics obsessively grabbing hold and hanging on to my thoughts. I'm pensive. Ponderous. (Haha! I made a joke!) I'm thinking about child-training and education and the only-child applications. I'm thinking about music and the instruction thereof. I'm thinking about The Christian Life, or lack of it. I've been reading (uh... sometimes...) some things about the Reformation and noting what Martin Luther said about his "modern day," which is amazing like our "modern day." I am NOT thinking about the economy and the crashing of it on the grounds of "God is in control."

Also, I suffered through an hour and 45 minutes with no electricity today. It was really hard. (Kidding!)

But can I coherently write about these things? I doubt.

So I stick to superficial things that occupy my forethought such as tomatoes and pickles and granola and should I make more dried apples or applesauce? And I'm even planning posts about the marvel of milk and and the fascination of fermentation. I'll get to them. But maybe I should dig a little deeper take a big breath and write something of substance.

Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with chatting. We know your smart you don't have to convince anybody. It's your blog and you can do whatever you want with it. I love that about blogging. Especially since my "smart, substantive" posts are on the few and inbetween list.

    ReplyDelete