Saturday, October 4, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different

Fall is such a sad time.

I know people who just love it. It's their favorite season. I can see how that would be true... I do enjoy fall for itself.

But there's always the lingering hint of death. That's what it's about. Death. When winter rears it's ugly head and everything dies. We had our first frost last night. Not bad, just enough to kill some things.



I can't get past the fact that in the fall, winter is coming.

But I'm trying to enjoy the sunny days while we have them.




I got out to the garden today, now that my lungs can take in air again, and worked on bringing things in. Squash, sweet potatoes, green tomatoes (in hopes they will ripen inside).



I am thankful to be harvesting food for the winter (even though the harvest is a bit scanty this year).

Glad for yummy things to eat.



Goodbye, summer...

1 comment: