Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Two Links, Completely Unrelated

Or maybe they're just opposite... One healthy, one sooo not, but so what?

First of all, I think that I can't help but make this chocolate pie for Valentine's Day tomorrow. Oh, Sweet Piles of Chocolate. The only drawback would be standing there holding the mixer for 20 minutes. Since I have no stand mixer. I mean, come ON, I think stand mixers are a Basic Human Right. My life is hard. I have mentioned that, I believe. Eh-hem. Anyway, I think it might be worth it. The mixer-holding, I mean.

On a completely different note--

If you value your health, you must read the info on this website. It's just WOW. I think I need to get that book. (Along with this one) Reading this stuff, I felt the same way I felt when I first read Nourishing Traditions. Just blown over by how much sense it makes. How can the mainstream "diet dictocrats" be so blind?

Okay, so maybe that was four links. Whatever. It's my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me you won't use the SHORTENING. It is the scourge of my life at work. Pioneer Woman uses the same recipe that Rhea uses (and wants me to use) for pie crust (which was Grandma Heino's recipe, btw.)

    I have a great chocolate flourless torte recipe that tastes like chocolate SILK. And you only have to beat the eggs for 15 minutes. :-) But I don't have time to type it out for you.

    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete