Sunday, February 10, 2008

Crispy Crunchy



My Mom gave me Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook for my birthday. Oh. Yum. The pictures are so fantastic that I have to keep wiping up drool spots on the pages.

Today I made the Rosemary Parmesan Crackers, Sans Rosemary because IT'S FEBRUARY, PEOPLE! I have no fresh rosemary. Yes, I mulched in my herb bed with Christmas tree branches, just like Mahhtha says. But I am not about to go dig through the snow to see if there are some green shoots left. Because there probably aren't. I'm just hopin' the dang thing survives.

Anyway, they're yummy (to the extent that I didn't actually make supper tonight). And I even used white flour.

That's the major drawback to this book. I want to bake EVERYTHING. But all that white flour and sugar goes against all my sensibilities. And all the butter... aiee. Don't get me wrong, I love butter and truly believe it is a very healthy food, but a pound per recipe is gonna eat up my grocery bill in a hurry.

Not that that'll stop me.

1 comment:

  1. I Love the photo you took!

    Since rosemary is in the evergreen family, it is very possible you would find a few sprigs out there under the protective snow....maybe.

    I have a wimpy rosemary plant on the windowsill. It is looking out the window saying "Take me outside!"

    Mom

    ReplyDelete