Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jog

I'm so very glad to be home.

You didn't even know I was gone, did you?

I wasn't feeling very well on Saturday. Then I was feeling worse on Saturday night. Then on Sunday morning, I was feeling so not-so-good that after Nathan got home from church, he took me to the emergency room.

I wasn't terribly happy about it, 'cause I knew what they would do.

You know what they did?

They made me feel worse.

Yes! They did!

The nerve!

But, sometimes you just have to feel worse before you can feel better.

And after an emergency appendectomy and several helpings of Vicodin and a real night's sleep in my own bed, I am feeling better.

All I can say is that the Lord is very, very good to me. I am very thankful that He brought me back home, in (objectively) better shape than when I left.

I will try to post the whole story soon, but meanwhile I'm going to try to summon the energy for a shower... and take another nap.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry you were sick!! But very glad you are better, that is one of the times where taking somebody to surgery is a much better outcome than peritonitis. Bless your heart. Prayers going up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! You WERE gone. Yikes. I'm glad you're back and on the mend. Prayers going out your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better. Don't forget to answer my e-mail. ;)

    ReplyDelete