Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tongue-Tied

I've always been known to be somewhat shy. "What's a-matter? Cat got your tongue?" har, har, har. (I love my Dad's characteristic response to that sort of thing-- "It's better to keep my mouth shut and let people assume I'm stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt." My Dad is nothing if not pithy.) No, in typical firstborn fashion, I prefer not to be the center of attention (in contrast to my middle-child brothers, Neal and Seth, who feed on attention).

So this blog? Completely out of character for me. Which is why it is nothing but drivel --purely the result of some February malcontent-- and bound to remain so. Be surprised, be very surprised, if you find any cogitations here. You can assume, if you like, that I have none, and you may be right. But if I do, I probably can't share them with the world.

I know of all these thoughtful blogs full of acumen and perspicacity (heh! Look it up.) that I love to read for their insight, but I just don't have the guts to expose myself that way. I'm chicken.

Just wanted to warn you.

Come to think of it, this post is getting a little too close for comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment