Sunday, February 17, 2008

Puddle Fun

It's warmed up to a balmy 44 degrees here. S'posed to be 20 again tomorrow, but we'll take what we can get. It rained and rained and rained. This morning, church was postponed until 1:00 to give the ice on the roads a chance to melt. I ended up staying home by myself due to the worst. Sinus headache. Ever. I'm no stranger to headaches, but that one takes the cake. Aiee.

A little while ago the sun broke through and my nasal passages gave it a rest. Jonah and I seized the opportunity and booted up and headed out for some obligatory (and refreshing) puddle splashing. We walked down to the drainage ditch and I impressed on him the danger of it. He looked a little pouty like he thought he was in trouble. Well, he's scared of it, anyway.

We walked back and sailed little grass "boats" on the rivulets of water everywhere. Jonah's boots were full of water but he didn't care. Soon the clouds and rain returned, so we headed in.

It reminds me in all my spring fever, the season after Winter is Mud. Sigh. I'll take it, though. Just so long as we can actually go outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment