Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hearty

It's a cold and snowy day, again, go figure, it's February.

So I decided to undertake a little Valentine's Day craft. I don't usually do much for Valentine's Day (except use it as an excuse to make a ridonkulously rich chocolate dessert). But this year I'm going to use it as an excuse to have a party in the middle of winter when we all need some cheering and fun. Um, except the party won't be until the 19th, but we'll just pretend it's all the same.

I need a few decorations to make my house look all Valentiny. I found a couple craft ideas from Mawtha and am going to put them into use over the next couple days.

The one I chose today involves peeling lots of old crayons and then making them into teeny leetle peices. Yeah. It seemed like a good idea at the time.


Sometimes...


...crafting...



...is just...




...unusually difficult.

But we endeavor to persevere.

Until we have lots of little crayony bits.

Everywhere.

All over the house.

I'll be regretting this one, I'm sure.




The crayony bits get sprinkled inside a folded sheet of wax paper.





Which I then enclosed in brown paper and... gasp... ironed.




Yes, I'm sure I'll be regretting the single, solitary bit of red crayon that strayed from the paper and got melted into the ironing board cover.



And I'm sure my iron will smoke for the next 5 or 8 uses.


Eventually, as Murphy would have it, I ran out of wax paper. But only after I had a few sheets of waxy mess that didn't really seem worth the effort I had just put into them.




That is, until I cut out a pile of cute, little hearts...




...And hung them in the windows!



Bring on the cold winter light! I have warm hearts for soaking it up.



They dangle prettily in the windows, glowing with the light and twirling endlessly around.





I deem this craft a success (if a little messy).


No comments:

Post a Comment