Thursday, June 25, 2009

Atrophy



All day, I've been thinking about a blog post. It's been rattling around in my head, but I haven't quite been able to formulate anything concrete.

I'm having a lot of trouble posting here lately. A dry period, I guess. It happens from time to time. Drought. Sooner or later, the rains are bound to come again.

But it doesn't make for keeping readers around, now, does it?



This blog is supposed to be bits from my daily life, right? But I really don't lead a very interesting life. It's actually quite... um... zzzzz...

What was I saying?





Oh, yes. Dull. My life is dull. So I really have to exercise some creativity some days. I don't have cattle ranch excitement. Or freakish imagination excitement. Or world-traveling excitement. I just have monotonous country life. Not that I would have it any other way, really. But we pretty much do a lot of the same stuff day in, day out around here. I try to avoid dry reports along the lines of "...and den... and den... aaaaand deeeen... AND DEN! And den and den and den!" (Name that movie)

But my creative muscles are feeling a little atrophied these days. I don't get in touch with my right brain nearly as often as I used to. It's kinda sad... really.




Soooo... where am I going with this? I think maybe... I don't think. Not enough, anyway. I'm busy, doing things all the time. I read a lot, but I don't always take the time to digest what I read. My thinking and creating side is getting a little lazy. Besides that, summer is giving me a bit of a butt-whoopin', so maybe I'm just moving too fast to slow down enough to notice the details that I would normally post here. And to take the time to upload a photo or five...

Maybe I should tell some stories. I'm kinda young and don't really have a lot of stories. Besides, I seem to have hit a flush button somewhere and things don't stay in my head very well. I guess those things are all just filed away for some other time.

What do I want to be on this blog, anyway? Funny, definitely funny-- feble though my funny may be. It's a lofty goal, however. Introspective? Sure... I have lots of introspections. Just not sure I want to pontificate on them here... Also-- too lazy to put them into coherent words. Yeah... Opinionated? My veiwpoints are so radically non-mainstream and un-PC that I'm a little afraid to show them around this very public place. Sometimes. Sometimes, I guess I do.

And then there're times like these where I get so behind and behinder that I'm not sure where to pick up. I just have to write a ramble to get the ball rolling again. Momentum. It's all about momentum.


A little of everything around here I guess. This'n'that. And that includes this post that isn't really a post where I'm not even sure exactly what I just said that I'm going to publish anyway.

2 comments:

  1. The movie is Murder by Death, I think. I remember the line from somewhere, and I remember quoting it non stop when we were young. I give up.

    And I like your blog, so keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I totally can't believe you didn't get that quote. Of all people, I thought YOU would know it. Yeah, Murder by Death IS the be-all and end-all of quotable quotes, but not this one.

    C'mom. Think harder.

    I KNOW Neal knows this one...

    ReplyDelete