Tuesday, December 27, 2011

For Our Christmas...

...there was bread! 

Lots of bread!  I baked every day for, well, days and days and days.  Mostly gifts for friends and neighbors, including this Christmas wreath bread that I tried for the first time and was very pleased with.







...there were cute kids all spiffed up with spit-shined shoes.




Did I mention they were cute?


And funny?




And cute?


(I know his lips look blue and cold... it was the flourescent lights, I promise!  He was toasty warm.  I had a camera oops and couldn't quite get it corrected later.  Phoo.)




...there was lots of singing! 

Jonah memorized four stanzas of a hymn, This Night a Wondrous Revelation, to sing with the other kids during the Christmas Eve program.  We sang it over and over and over in the days before Christmas. (Guess what?  I memorized it, too!)  He also learned and recited Isaiah 7:14, "The Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a Son and shall call his name Immanuel."






...and of course, there were presents (and chaos!).




All the motion blur?  Yeah, that's how it really was!  My camera tells only truth.



"Hey, I wanna turn!"




"Dude!  Don't touch my stuff!"





...there was a baby that got buried and nearly lost in wrapping paper.





...there were many blessings.  More than I can even number, the greatest being a good reminder of our deep need for salvation, and the salvation that came to us at the birth of our Redeemer.

I hope you all have had a blessed Christmas as well!

2 comments: