Thursday, December 16, 2010

See? He's Not Always So Sunny


However, he is MUCH happier lately than he has been in some weeks. I took him to the chiropractor on Monday to get his neck adjusted again. What on earth would this poor born-face-first baby do without a good chiropractor? (And "good" is an understatement here. My chiropractor is seriously awesome.) I never realize how miserable he is (because I go into survival mode and just deal with it) until I see the relief that comes after an adjustment. He had not been sleeping more than an hour or two at a time, ever, having trouble nursing and then spitting up volumes, and having long periods of inconsolable crying in the middle of the night. I expect that kind of behavior from a newborn, but a 5 month old should be over it. The very day he got an adjustment, all that started getting better. It's just amazing. And I am so, so, so thankful to have that available to us.

4 comments:

  1. Great testimonial. So many people miss out on the great benefits of chiropractic therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'LL HOLD HIM ANYWAY!
    Poor kid just needs to be held more. By his auntie. Then his life will be much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow and it makes perfect sense. sunnyside up babies really do have some tork on their necks, not to mention what it did to mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...this breaks my heart!!!! SO glad you're both getting some sweet relief.

    ReplyDelete