Monday, July 12, 2010

The Big Visit

MY siblings all came to MY house. All of them! (There are six... I have five brothers and one sister. And I'm the oldest, so I'm the boss.) And they were at. my. house. Seven years I've been married and living away, and I've never had my family at MY house. I loved having them here.

I also loved the fact that my new sweet little guy was present for this event (as we've been hoping for months) and he was, of course, the main attraction.






(Oh, and I loved the fact that I have a GREAT excuse to do nothing at all. I got to just soak it all up without having to do all the work of putting together a family gathering. My mom is awesome cuz she pretty much took care of it all.)

We made sure to fill the very short visit with lots of fun.




There was swashbuckling.







War wound showing...




Al fresco dining... (on MY porch! With MY new deck furniture! All my family, but minus Dad because he had to leave early to be back at work Monday, which we were very sad about.)




Baby gazing...





Baby snuggling...



Gymnastics...






Buggy riding...





Buggy driving...





Multi-tasking...



General cuteness...





Horse riding...






Fishing...





Little brothers with facial hair...






And of course more baby love.



Oh, and we took pictures. A LOT of pictures. Three photographers documenting this rare get-together makes for a lot of pictures. But it may not happen again for a looong time, so we knew we had to make the best of it.



(If you're interested in more of our reunion, as well as baby pics, check out my Mom's and brother's blogs: Pie in the Sky and Ten Million Pixels.)

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! And not having to do any of the work? Well, you just can't get any better than that. (You did the hardest part before they got there.) Love your documentation of the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate my cups is running over with joy for you! this could not get any better. your "little" brother is sure a hunk of cuteness! And having a mom that can do a lot of helping---a God send. Your new baby is so sweet and he is just beautiful. He looks like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is awesome! I know that ecstatic feeling of having a table full of siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie,
    You have a wonderful family! What a blessing babies are for everyone. And WHAT THE HECK DID YOUR BROTHER DO TO HIS BODY?!

    Oh and one more thing...I think it's time to add some females to the family...better get busy. ;)

    ReplyDelete