Thursday, July 8, 2010

Announcing the Little Brother

He's here!


Evan Timothy!
8 lbs, 2 oz; 20 inches long
Born at 2:30 pm July 7



My heart is too full and my body too exhausted to write much now, but I'll probably gross you all out with all the details in the near future. I will tell you that he was born at home, in my bathroom, in an unusual malpresentation-- he was posterior (his back to my back), AND his neck was bent all the way back so that he came out literally face-first. THAT was rough. Right now, I think I could sleep for a week if my brain would shut off and let me. My mom got here a few hours after he was born and I get to be spoiled and cared for for the next two weeks.

For now, I'm off to more sleepy snuggling.

By the way, his name, Evan, means "God is gracious" and He certainly is.

4 comments:

  1. Huge huge congratulations! Now rest up and enjoy this time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Makes me wish I had more! He looks just like his brother and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kate that type of delivery is so bad for back pain, poor you. BUT HE IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!! What a great job! He is so beautiful and I am so happy for you. I SQUEELED! Glad your mom is there so wonderful.

    Congratulations to everybody!

    ReplyDelete