Monday, November 30, 2009

Advent Activity

This morning I explained all about Advent to Jonah. I told him how we wait the days until Christmas and remember the world waiting for the birth of the Savior. To help us count the waiting days, we made an advent chain.

I drew lines on red and green pieces of paper and Jonah cut out the strips. This was very good cutting practice for him-- something he's had trouble with.




When the strips were all cut...



I showed him how to make a chain with them.




This part got very tedious, but I think it's good for him to learn to keep going through a repetitive task.




He was very proud to end up with a fancy advent chain!




He can't wait to take the links off every day, one by one, counting the days until we get to the special white link on the end for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I love it! I think it would be neat when he gets older to maybe write something special about Christmas on each one.

    I will remember this one.

    ReplyDelete